WHO DOESN’T WANT TO look and move and dress like Madonna, especially if you’re in the vicinity (real or imagined) of Sweet Sixteen? Well…look out world! The Madonna fashion train is rolling into town! This is fascinating!
You have to admit that while the entry of celebrities into the fashion world en bulk has often been annoying (after all, they often sell their names and know little if anything about the designs and business), this celebrity line launch does make you stop and take notice.
We are talking about Madonna and her daughter who are introducing a new “Material Girl” collection of clothes and accessories geared strongly toward the young, and positioned to hit the stores in time for back-to-school this year. Look out for it; it should make waves. Big waves.
Madonna has long been interested in fashion and if industry gossip is correct, she does take a hands-on active role in this as well as in everything else that she does. No “here’s my name, you do the work” posture for this remarkable lady. She is very Here-Now.
The inaugural “Material Girl” collection, channeled strongly through the superstar’s 13-
year-old daughter takes strong inspiration from the world of dance, Madonna says.
It promises to be an exciting, flexible junior’s line including apparel, footwear, and a bevy of trendy, youthful accessories.
YOUNG, EXCITING FASHION WITH A MADONNA ESTHETE IS FUN AND GEARED TO SELL. LOOK HERE FOR SOME GREAT STOCK CHOICES:
- Prom and bridesmaid clutch is just the right choice for summer evening wear, too!
- Butterfly sash – a trendy finishing touch!
A NEW COMPANY, called MG ICON, has been formed by Madonna and her daughter. It will produce the new collection of apparel, footwear, handbags, jewelry and fingerless (yes, you got it right!) gloves. The entire collection will retail for $12 to $40.
Despite Madonna’s direct involvement in the company, there is still word on the street that there is a company muse…only who knows who that is? We assume it means the line will not be quite as independent as some say. We’ve been told by some undercover agents working the runway scene that his (or her) identity will be released shortly. Hmmmm.
Anyway, let’s take a look at some of the new Madonna and daughter designs:
- One outfit consists of a cute, super-mini strapless summer dress in a fun blue/red/black/white print. It fits very close to the body and reflects much of what is happening right now in the fashion world. Madonna shows this outfit with big, squared-off sunglasses, colorful multiple bangle bracelets on one arm and a summer white wrist watch on the other. The model is also fashion-equipped with scroungy sneakers, laces untied. Chic!
- Another outfit, equally relaxed, features pale blue skin-tight dropped waist jeans,
a high cropped little blouse in hot pink print, and a delightful dark grey fitted jacket with a black and white polka dot lining. The model’s hair is upswept, with a huge hot pink bow centrally placed on her head. Multi-strands of dark beads are wrapped around the neck and dropped down to swing free over the jacket, while an edgy pair of fingerless gloves gives a final touch to the whole shebang.
Are kids going to love this!
- A third “Material Girl” look involves a sweet, tight, and dark polka-dot print mini dress with halter-like top design. It is shown with loads and loads of bangle bracelets running up both arms, also in that hot, dark jewelry finish. A handbag, in black with plenty of glitzy embellishments, is medium sized, with a long shoulder strap.
The Madonna Look
Shown with all three costumes are long swingy drop earrings in a sensual (or spiritual)
cross design befitting the two Christian namesakes. Ah, Madonna. This should be a collection to really enjoy, and its impact will most likely be as much inspirational as profitable. Maybe more so.
WANT TO GET THAT MADONNA LOOK, TOO? HERE ARE SOME GREAT PRODUCTS THAT FIT THE BILL:
- Delicate heart toggle bracelet. Young and elegant.