I. JEWELRY, HANDBAGS AT THE EMMYS
AS USUAL, THE EMMYS PROVED to be a wonderland of display space for fashion accessories this year. Worn by a bevy of stunning actresses, the big items centered on rings, bracelets, earrings, and, here and there, a good-looking necklace. Basically, the jewelry look was reserved.
Despite the rich presence of diamonds and other fine gemstones, glitz was absent. And no one wore too much of one thing, as in the recent past. Red made its presence known frequently, but other than that, even color was somewhat subdued. We saw gentle pinks, pale blues, light grays, and a good deal of white.
Blake Lively of “Gossip Girl” fame looked terrific in a fire engine red gown, long braided hair and smashing diamond cuff bracelet. In an outfit that sounds the same but surely wasn’t, Debra Messing wore another red-red long gown, this by Michael Kors and Lorraine Schwartz. Messing also wore a gorgeous wide diamond bracelet, big diamond cocktail ring, and sparkling diamond drop earrings.
–Jennifer Morrison in Calvin Klein red opted for a more minimalistic look, wearing only a huge diamond ring on her index finger. Very dramatic!
THAT SEEN-EVERYWHERE CLUTCH remained hot for the Emmys. Among those sporting the little, feminine clutch accessory were Jaimie-Lynn Sigler in a long tan Donna Karan dress with train. She held a stunning white bejeweled clutch bag matched to a large diamond cuff bracelet.
Drew Barrymore coordinated a soft pink little clutch with center diamond-like hardware to a pink ruffled dress by Monique Lhuillier. Barrymore also wore small, very demure diamond button earrings.
Holding onto a tiny dark clutch was Rose Byrne, who wore a gossamer Valentino gown. Leighton Meester was classic in a Grecian-styled white long dress by Bottega Venetta and Cathy Waterman. She held a little red beaded clutch. And Tina Fey, radiant in a long black dress by Gucci, showed off a rich medium sized bracelet by Fred Leighton. She carried a rectangular long beaded evening clutch.
WELL, OF COURSE, THE JEWELRY SEEN AT THE EMMYS WAS ALL REAL, VERY REAL. NOT EVEN PASTE. BUT YOU CAN GET THE SAME LOOK AT A TINY FRACTION OF THE COST! TRY THESE GREAT PIECES:
- Large pear-shaped CZ earrings in silver-tone settings.
- Past, Present, Future CZ necklace set.
Olivia Wilde’s pale blue dress by Marchesa was full of cutouts, showing lots of skin. With it, she carried a fancy little purse and wore a rich gem platinum bracelet and earrings by Kwiat. Mariska Hargity was classic in a Carolina Herrera dress of grey white color. With it, she wore an interesting choker with diamond drops by Fred Leighton.
The celebrities looked refined, an unusual characteristic for Hollywood femme fatales recently. All in all, the Awards were fun!
II. ACCESSORIES HOT AS NY SHOW WINDS DOWN
Even as the Emmys were boasting a bevy of bright and beautiful baubles, back in New York Fashion Executives were summing up some of the spectacular show-off products and ideas set forth at Fashion Week. Here are some of the special items they centered on:
- Fabric handle bags, ruffled or ruched, with fabric tied or knotted or otherwise bunched across the front. One by Be&D was especially handsome, almost surrealistic.
- Red patent leather shoes of the very, very high variety with heavy platform, a high zipper running up to the ankle line, and cutouts creating an interesting pattern.
- A tan colored Kara Ross choker necklace made in irregular zig-zag shapes, longer in front than back.
- “Let Me Entertain You,” a pair of fun black and white harlequin gloves by Dorothy Gasper.
- A swingy necklace with leaf shaped pieces hanging down from a golden chain. By Pamela Love.
- A metallic multicolored Minaudiere with gemstone closure from Celestina.
- More solid and print pink handbags from Anya Hindmarch. These clutches are shaped with easy-to-carry foldaway straps.
- A gold Lulu Frost African-inspired necklace-bib. Very rich!
- Skinny little golden snake pins to slither across your chest.
- Ranjana Khan’s silvery hairpiece, a double strand thick necklace and matching wide cuff bracelet in diamonds and pink fabric.
- A very elegant diamond necklace in swirling pattern to wear round the neck with five large pendant emerald green drops.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE SAME LEVEL OF QUALITY, YOU’VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. WE PICKED OUT A FEW ITEMS FOR YOU:
- Soft, wholesale prom clutch bag. Charming for any occasion!
- Long lava rock necklace set in choice of colors.